Security & Privacy
Easy English Editing is committed to delivering high-quality editing services to the academic community while upholding the highest standards regarding confidentiality and security. We understand the value of your original work, and make every possible effort to ensure the protection of your intellectual property throughout our participation in the publication process.
Terms of Service
You should also view our Terms of Service, which applies to all products, information, or related services that are offered through the Website.
EEE understands that the documents submitted to our editing services comprise the unpublished works of the world’s leading researchers. As such, and indeed throughout the entire peer-reviewed publication process, there is an inherent risk of un-ethical activity while your work remains unpublished. We feel both humbled and honored to be given the opportunity to contribute to the publication of this cutting edge research, and accept this responsibility with the utmost respect. We pledge, always and without prejudice, to respect the intellectual property rights of our customers.
EEE, as a company, complies with a strict professional code of conduct that helps us uphold our unwavering commitment to the confidentiality and intellectual security of our customers. During the editing process, a maximum of two people may view your submission; one of these will be our Chief Editor and CEO. If needed, the second and only other person to see your submission will be one of our trusted contributing editors. Each of our contributing editors is required to sign a legally binding confidentiality agreement prior to being employed by EEE. This confidentiality agreement ensures that our editors cannot, under any circumstances, share your personal details or manuscript, nor may they use your unpublished submission as a direct contribution to their own research. We will never allow your work to be viewed by anyone outside of our organization, and any contributing editor who decides to end their relationship with EEE will be technically and legally prohibited from accessing works submitted for editing through our system.
EEE takes precautions to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction through the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical security measures. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption in conjunction with a dedicated IP address maintained specifically for our server. EEE has installed a suite of additional security measures to prevent unauthorized access to our website, personal information, user history, and other sensitive data.
To protect your credit card and other payment information, we have partnered with Stripe and PayPal to offer you two of the most trusted and well recognized financial transaction systems on the Internet. For information about how PayPal can protect you from unauthorized payments with its 24/7 fraud monitoring, please visit PayPal’s website.
What information do we collect?
EEE collects two categories of information regarding our customers: (i) Information that you provide to us; and (ii) Automatically collected information through the Website’s inherent operations.
(i) Information You Provide
The types of personal information that EEE collects directly from you may include:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number;
- Educational and professional background information;
- Usernames and passwords;
- Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number, although we do not store this information;
- Emails, comments, feedback, posts and other content you submit to EEE; and
- Interests and communication preferences.
In order to access certain content and to make use of additional functionality and features, we ask you to register for an account by completing and submitting a registration form. This registration form requires you to agree with our Terms of Service Agreement prior to utilizing EEE’s editing services.
(ii) Information Collected Automatically
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- Name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet;
- Computer, device and connection information, such as browser type and version, operating system, mobile platform and unique device identifier (“UDID”) and other technical identifiers;
- Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) click stream data, including date and time stamp, referring and exit URLs, search terms you used, and pages you visited or searched for on the Service; and
- For location-aware services, the physical location of your device in order to provide you with more relevant content for where you are in the world.
- Cookies, which are small pieces of data on your computer which allow websites like EEE to perform tasks such as verifying that you are logged in to the site and remembering items that you have in your shopping cart. Cookies may also be used to improve the site by providing data on how people navigate and use the site.
You can control cookies through your browser’s settings and other tools. However, if you block certain cookies, you may not be able to register, login to the Website, access certain parts or make full use of the Website.
How do we use the information we collect?
We may use your information for a number of purposes which may include:
- Processing your orders and managing and administering your account;
- Delivering any services, products or information requested by you;
- Responding to complaints or account enquiries;
- Administering debt recoveries;
- Or verifying your identity when required.
By signing up for a free account with EEE, you are opting in to receive communications from us regarding our products and services, including customer newsletters, special offers and exclusive discounts. You may opt out of these communications at any time by using the “opt-out” or unsubscribe mechanism or other means provided within the communications that you receive from us, or by contacting us directly.
We may need to disclose your personal information for the following reasons:
- to process credit card payments and/or third party handled payments;
- to respond to or comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, court order or other legal obligation;
- to enforce and protect our rights and properties;
- to detect, investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity;
- to protect the rights, property or safety of our users, employees or others; and
- if EEE, the Website or a related asset or line of business is acquired by, transferred to or merged with another company.
EEE may let you post and share personal information, comments, materials and other content. Any information you disclose publicly may be collected and used by others, may be indexable by search engines, and might not be able to be removed. Please be careful when disclosing personal information in these public areas.
Third-party website links
Access to and Accuracy of Your Information
EEE may allow approved users to access their account information and make corrections or updates via the Website. The accuracy of such information is the sole responsibility of the user. If you request to deactivate your account or delete your personal information, we will fulfill your request to the extent of our abilities, but some personal information may remain in backup copies for a certain period of time and may be recovered as necessary for legitimate business purposes or to comply with our legal obligations.
Cross-Border Transfer of Your Information
Your personal information may be transferred to other countries as needed for processing or fulfillment of requested services. By using the Website you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, which may maintain different personal data protection rules than in your country.
Contact us with any suggestions or security concerns.
Last Revised: 15 October 2020